harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] String is special
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:03:49 GMT
Ok, so reading everyone's post it seems that:

 - we agree that there should be some way to ensure people do
   not inadvertently modify String's shape, but

 - there are different ways to achieve that goal, and requiring
   people to acquire a lock is not favored.

I propose that we leave this thread as a further reminder to all, and if
we catch any transgressions that we revisit the mechanism.

Just to reiterate, it is certainly not my intention to prevent people
from working on String, I just want them to do so knowingly.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)