harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Copying resource files - what for?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:55:49 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> I suspect inclusion of the resource files (with path renaming) could
> be handled by a zip/tar task rather than by copying every time the
> tests are run.  So I don't think this is a good reason.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.

Hi Mark,

The resource files don't get copied every time the tests are run. The
Ant copy task only does it if the destination file is stale with respect
to the source.

You are really proposing that an Ant copy be replaced with a zip/tar
task ? How often will the resultant archive be refreshed ? If an entry
is stale with respect to the source ? Hang on, that sounds familiar....

Best regards,
George

>> I can see one reason to copy resources - if we want to produce
>> a single downloadable binary image of the test suite.
>>
>> Other than that it does not make much sense to me.
>>
>> The image might be usefull for kind of regular QA cycles later.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mikhail
>>
>> 2006/4/20, Paulex Yang <paulex.yang@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Stepan
>>>
>>> +1.
>>>
>>> I just proposed similar modification to classpath of each modules in
>>> another thread, which will make the IDE(Eclipse at least) user easier to
>>> run test.

May