harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Copying resource files - what for?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:48:16 GMT
Hi Stepan,

As I recall it ( I've not my morning coffee yet so it could get a bit
unreliable here :-) ) the motivation for wanting resource files on the
classpath was to enable serialization data files to be read in by test
programs without depending on specific file locations. Copying such
serialization data files to a bin location prior to running the tests
obviously gets them on the classpath in a very simple way.

The documentation for the Ant copy task states that that "files are only
copied if the source file is newer than the destination file". I
interpret that as meaning that we should not expect to see the copying
of thousands of files each time we run the tests.

Best regards,
George