harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Summer Of Code 2006 - Lets get Harmony involved
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:41:46 GMT
Google again is running their "Summer Of Code"
http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html program, and I think it would
be great for the Harmony project to take advantage of it, assuming we
can find willing students.

If you are unfamiliar with the program, the goal is to allow computer
science students to work in their chosen field during the summer while
at the same time assisting open source organizations and projcets.  The
idea is that students and mentors propose and deliver completed projects
  in open source.  For this, the student is paid a stipend.
Additionally, the mentor receives a small stipend as well.

In our case, the official mentor will be the ASF.

There is an ASF wiki site for this :

http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2006

Lets agree on projects here first.

Ideas?