harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Long,long testcase name...
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:13:49 GMT

Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:

> One day,  with Harmony spreading all over the world, I don't want to
> hear anyone saying: "Woo, who's that guy writing these tests named
> 'test1,test2,test3',  it takes me a lot of time on understanding them,

No one's advocating that, so please put that straw-man back whereever it
came from.

> even a mid-school student can do better than this!"
> I agreed that our naming convention must:
> 1. make it understandable for everyone, what does this method try to do,
> or at least contain a hint (most important)
> 2. easy to distinguish if there are some similar ones
> 3. as short/easy as possible for people to read
> Any comments?

Yes.

test<SomethingUsefulWithMaybeANumberIfItsOverloadedWhereYouUseYourGoodJudgement>

or

test<SomethingThatYouWouldLikeToEncounterIfYouWereReadingCodeForFirstTime>

but not

test<SomethingDogmaticJustForSakeOfDogma>

:)

geir