harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Compiler error on linux with IBM 5.0 and Sun 5.0 compilers
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:27:42 GMT
Hi Mark,

Ive just found the same thing while building the crypto tests in windows
using J9 50. All tests up to there are ok. The output I get is similar
to yours:

compile.tests:
     [echo] Compiling CRYPTO tests from
C:\PROGRA~1\eclipse\workspace\classlib\modules\crypto\src\test\java
    [javac] Compiling 31 source files to
C:\PROGRA~1\eclipse\workspace\classlib\modules\crypto\bin\test
    [javac] An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.5.0). Please
file a bug
 at the Java Developer Connection
(http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after
 checking the Bug Parade for duplicates. Include your program and the
following
diagnostic in your report.  Thank you.

Ill take a look and see if I can find which class it's compiling at the
time.

Regards,
Oliver

Mark Hindess wrote:
> If I do a clean checkout and run:
>
> ant -f make/depends.xml download
> ant -f make/build.xml
> ant -f make/build-test.xml compile-support
> cd modules/crypto
> ant -f make/build.xml test
>
> I get a compiler error.  I've tried using both an IBM 5.0 and Sun 5.0
> compiler and get the same error:
>
>   An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.5.0_06). Please file a
> bug at the Java Developer Connection
> (http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after checking the Bug Parade
> for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in
> your report.  Thank you.
>
> I assume since everyone else is quietly working on adding 5.0 code
> that I am the only one with this problem?
>
> I'm about to try the same test under windows, but thought I'd mention
> this hear first.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.
>
> --