harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Source tarballs!
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:37:13 GMT
Perhaps :)

But I'm curious if just iterating his way to the first checkout solves
his problem w/o us having to burden every other person who wants a
source snapshot with a double-size snapshot...

I wish SVN had a mode where .svn and meta information in .svn was there,
and it would populate the copy in .svn on first svn operation.  of
course, most users would modify locally before touching svn to do
something, so that prollie wouldn't work.

Mark Hindess wrote:
> Perhaps Sanket is an example of someone who would use a source
> download with .svn included to kick start a checkout?
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.

>> Have you tried just doing "svn co <URL>" in a loop?  it should
>> eventually get you complete...
>>

>> geir
>>

>> Sanket Sharma wrote:
>>> Download a tar ball with a download manager seems to be easier, despite the size.
Further, I believe, casual developers often refrain from downloading the source as they dont
know svn tricks.
>>> My problem is a slow network connection. I have tried downloading via svn but
it just freezes after downloading few initial files. :-(
>>> I'm just dying to get my hands dirty with Harmony code, but couldnt do so for
past few weeks. It would be great if you guys can put up bzip/tar file.