harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long,long testcase name...
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:55:21 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> testRequestPasswordAuthentication1()
>
> I mean, why do we want to embed all that crap in the testcase name?
> Who cares?  The only person that will care is someone fixing when a
> testcase breaks, and they'll read the code...

IMHO, the information is also useful when someone want to do some work
like upgrade, he may need to know if there is any test cases for the
requestPasswordAuthention(blabla...). But I agree that the current
naming convention almost lost its value because it is so difficult for
human reading. Maybe this information can be provided in other ways,
like annotation.
> geir
>

> LvJimmy´╝îJing wrote:
>> Hi all:
>>
>>     Following our testcase naming convention, I've find a name as:
>> (hope it
>> won't break your screen :))
>> public void
>> test_requestPasswordAuthentication_java_lang_String_java_net_InetAddress_int_java_lang_String_java_lang_String_java_lang_String_java_net_URL_java_net_Authenticator_RequestorType()

>>     which is the testcase for
>> java.net.Authenticator.requestPasswordAuthentication(
>>             String rHost, InetAddress rAddr, int rPort, String
>> rProtocol,
>>             String rPrompt, String rScheme, URL rURL,
>>             Authenticator.RequestorType reqType);
>> and the class has another two method named
>> requestPasswordAuthentication,
>> and only this method take URL and RequestorType as its parameters.
>>     The name is somehow too long to see and read, and I guess we can
>> find a
>> shorter one for it,
>> e.g.test_requestPasswordAuthentication_URL_RequestorType. As URL and
>> RequestorType can identify the exactly
>> method to test. Or a adjusted naming convention shall be take. Any
>> opinions?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Best Regards!
>>
>> Jimmy, Jing Lv