harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] update on running Harmony Classlib on GNU Classpath VMs
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:15:22 GMT
Weldon Washburn wrote:
> I was able to eliminate almost all mods necessary to run Harmony
> Classlib on a GNU Classpath VM.  The VM used is still JCHEVM.

Cool -- I'd be very interested to hear about what you are doing.

> The VM
> expects a specific hardcoded java lib directory structure.  Therefore,
> directories such as kernel/src/main/java/gnu/classpath have been added
> to Harmony Classlib.

Do you mean directory paths to the class library JARs or specific class
package names?

> The one remaining mod to JCHEVM is because dlopen() fails to load
> hynio.dll.

That DLL shouldn't be loaded?  We moved the natives out into hyluni.dll
and (I just checked) there are no references to it from the Java code.
Who is trying to load it?

The hynio.dll is scheduled for deletion once we figure out there is no
longer a need for it (based on Paulex's ongoing work on IO refactoring).

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)