harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject [sablevm] Signals under windows (Was: Starting my next round on BootJVM)
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 13:37:50 GMT
Enrico Migliore wrote:
> As far as I can say, the main problem of porting a JVM, designed for
> UNIX, to the Windows environment are the ANSI signals:
> Windows, in fact, doesn't honor not even a fourth of all ANSI signals,
> therefore, the JVM signals handler WILL NOT be called by Windows.

You should try compiling SableVM with:

 ./configure --with-treading=switch --disable-signals-for-exceptions

this will turn on ISO C compatibility and reduce (eliminate?) the use of
signals.  I think that the only remaining signal handling will be one
provided for debugging: dumping a stack trace on SIGQUIT signals.

Other POSIX dependencies might persist...  See my message on a different
thread.

Etienne