harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject Re: SableVM on Cygwin
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 13:32:38 GMT
Hi Enrico,

This is great!  My hope would be, eventually, to have SableVM to also
build using Microsoft's compiler.  The "switch threaded" interpreter
(./configure --with-threading=switch) avoids using any GCC extension in
order to remain pure ISO C.  My main problem is that I do not have a
Windows machine, nor any Microsoft tool, and I do not have much time to
dedicate to such a port.  Harmony provides some platform insulation
libraries for both the VM and the classlib.  It would be interesting to
see how far we can go by getting SableVM to use these libraries instead
of POSIX calls...  Volunteers are welcome. :-)

Etienne