harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Switching to a 5.0 compiler
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:28:49 GMT
Hi,

Using the Sun 5.0 javac with the "jsr14" target it is possible to do a
complete compile of the Harmony Java source and successfully run the
tests on the existing VME. That means we could add in more contributions
that depended on 5.0 language features being understood instead of
letting them queue up.

So +1 from me for using the straightforward but undocumented "jsr14"
target as a purely temporary measure to keep things moving onwards.

Best regards,
George