harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject [sablevm] Launching harmony/sablevm and debugging it with DDD
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:37:01 GMT
Hi all,

So, I've temporarily modified SableVM's trunk to ignore the Harmony
launcher JNI bug. You can now launch SableVM using the Harmony launcher.

More interestingly, I have written down the precise instructions to get
it all running in debug mode, in DDD, (a nice graphical front-end to
gdb), under Linux/x86.  This should help making SableVM's transition to
Harmony much easier.  Don't hesitate to try it, and maybe eventually to
help with the VMI implementation task.  :-)

It's in a wiki.  Feel free to improve the instructions.

Oh, yes, THE LINK:  http://sablevm.org/wiki/Harmony_Porting_Effort

Have fun!

Etienne