harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Der Plan
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:12:28 GMT
Avtamonov,

Agree with you that we need to mail notification/discussions before
publishing, In fact, yesterday I've trigged discussion on java.util
upgrade in another thread. But I keep my opinion about the Wiki using.
However, I'm fine to comply with majority opinions to move things
forward, so I don't mind to roll back the Wiki before get agreement in
mailing list. Hopefully we can get some agreement on the regular
snapshot/milestone, I consider it is really helpful to Harmony.

Anton Avtamonov wrote:
> On 4/4/06, Paulex Yang <paulex.yang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tim,
>>
>> I've rolled back the page, and I'm sorry if it made someone
>> uncomfortable. I thought Wiki should not be something final, or
>> official, and it just used as record for sth. in progress, say,
>> discussion, code status, or volunteer, so that everyone can see and
>> involve if interest, and IMHO Wiki is easier to summary and read
>> (otherwise the new comers may need to search in mailing list archive, or
>> just ask questions have been discussed before), especially considering
>> Wiki modification can be subscribed.
>>

> Hi Paulex,
> I agree with you: we definitely need some sort of summaries on Wiki.
> Harmony mailing has lots of threads which one can hardly track not
> being full time there. However information published on Wiki should be
> "agreed" with others who affected. Otherwise it can even mislead
> someone, right? Therefore we need mailing notifications/discussions
> before publishing I think.
>
> Wishes,
> --
> Anton Avtamonov,