harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Der Plan
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:39:57 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Looking at our wiki pages[1], people have written a description of the
>> _current_ state of play for a number of class library modules.
>>
>> However, with our new committers eager to get going, a growing number of
>> contributors, and people lurking and wondering where they can help, may
>> I suggest that we try and form a plan for what we want to do over the
>> next, say, six weeks; over and above the usual bug fixing tasks.
>>
>> Like all good plans we'll probably get it wrong in a number of ways ;-)
>> but the idea is that we all agree upon a few themes and goals to ensure
>> we are all working together on subgoals of the project.  At regular
>> intervals we should come together with a coherent working system, rather
>> than always having something broken!
>
> Like every day.

The build system and regression tests ensure our code works everyday
(every hour actually!).  Rather than inch forward across the whole of
JSE simultaneously it is helpful to identify subgoals along the way.

>> I expect that some of the themes/goals will be relevant across the whole
>> classlib, and others will be module-specific.  I've created a wiki page
>> [2] with a suggestion of how it may look -- but the content comes from
>> everyone so it's not complete.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> What's so special about April 21st?

I've no idea, why did you mention it?

Six weeks from now is May 16th.  I chose the interval rather than the
date, since we need long enough to contain some meaty tasks, but not too
long to loose sight of what we are doing.  It also happens to be the
start of JavaOne -- but that's a coincidence.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)