harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.reflect
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:45:49 GMT
Gary Clark wrote:
> Greetings all! I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and
> would like to start contributing.

Great!

> I thought I would start by bringing
> the java.lang.reflect interface up to 1.5 and I suspect I'll need to
> work on the Annotation package as well. However, I have a few questions
> I would like to ask before I get started.
>

> 1) Is anyone else working on this?

There are a few people working in the LUNI (lang, util, net, io) module.

Their current status is shown on the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/LUNI

> 2) The current contributed version seems to have the same JavaDocs as
> the official ones. Should I do the same or will that cause a copyright
> problem? It dosn't matter to me which one we do, I just don't want to
> redo it later.

We don't copy other implementor's JavaDoc (or anything else for that
matter!)  Write the comments in your own words.

> 3) Do any of the current VMs support the 1.5 features? Off the top of my
> head I don't recall if anything changed within the VM to support them.

I'll let Etienne, Archie, Dalibor, et al describe their status wrt Java
1.5 support.  The IBM VM can switch to 1.5 support trivially but we are
limiting it to 1.4 until there is reasonable coverage in the open source
VMs.

Regards,
Tim

--