harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: SableVM or JCHEVM?
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:24:12 GMT

Enrico Migliore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've followed the discussion about the SableVM code donation to the
> Apache foundation, but I still need to understand a couple of things:
>

> SableVM or JCHEVM?
> ------------------------
> At the moment there two virutual machines: which of the two should one
> choose to work on?
>
> SableVM svn access
> ---------------------
> I can't find the SableVM repository in the Harmony site, can somebody
> address me where to find it?

SableVM in it's entirety has not been donated to the ASF - rather, it
was relicensed 'in place' where it is, and will remain there for the
time being.

That said, one of our goals was to bridge communities through
architecture and technology, and I think we've done that here.

Work on what interests you.  We definitely need go get JCHEVM working
with the Harmony classlibrary, and Weldon's bridge is a great first
step, and one I think should be completed, because there are other VMs
that could use it (in theory) to be able to work with Harmony classlib
as well as the GNU Classlib.

geir