harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: 43% of all statistics are totally worthless
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:34:52 GMT
On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 10:15:38AM +0100, Tim Ellison wrote:
> Mark Hindess wrote:
> > To celebrate the opening of my 100th JIRA earlier today,

Whoah! :-)

> > I thought I'd
> > produce some simple statistics - using 138 lines of ugly Perl - for
> > the HARMONY JIRAs.

kewl. Lets keep this our little secret -- we don't want people to go and
think jira metrics are the best new things since salaries based on LOC! ;-)

That said, I think there's maybe a few other projects out there who are
also heavy jira users (maven and geronimo spring to mind) that would love
to run your script. It should be published somewhere...just secretly...

> > The columns are "key", percentage, count.  The letters in the "bars"
> > are the first characters of the "Resolutions" from the first table.
> >
> > However, one think they certainly do show is
> > just what a brilliant job Tim has been doing keeping up with JIRAs.

Kudos to Tim! Also kudos to you! Also kudos to everyone else working so
hard around here! Also kudos to everyone working hard elsewhere to
"escape the java trap"! Kudos-fest!

- LSD, proud that he does not appear in these stats