harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gray <chris.g...@kiffer.be>
Subject Re: should strings in exceptions match the reference implementation?
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:13:07 GMT
On Tuesday 18 April 2006 09:37, Mark Hindess wrote:
> Are you saying that Classpath does match strings in exceptions?

No. Ah, I see: the "do" in Geir's question stood for "what is Classpath's
policy wrt to exception messages matching those of the RI?". Then I don't
speak authoritatively, but I've never noticed Classpath going out of its way
to be compatible at this level. But then I would never write code which
depended on the precise contents of an exception message ...

Sorry for the confusion,

Chris