harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Gandara" <danielgand...@neosur.com>
Subject [rmi] getting 1.4 bytecode
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 20:28:54 GMT
Hi,
    As discussed with Oliver, I built the rmi code with the
-target jsr14 option and I got a 1.4 bytecode for the package.
I run our test suit against the package and it seems to work ok.

This is a sum up of the experience:
1) -target jsr14 option only worked with Sun's compiler, I
    could not make it work on Eclipse...
2) I had to make changes to the code, basically I had to
    change enums and change/remove java.util.concurrent
    classes we use (ConcurrentHashMap and
    ThreadPoolExecutor)

note: there is obviously a performance penalty due to 2).

The question I have now is if I should send this modified code
to be used in Harmony during this transitional phase or not.
What do you think?

I'll be waitting for comments,

Daniel