harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][vm] Error running trunk builds and IBM VME v2
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 02:11:47 GMT
I think I had the appropriate changes, but I did do another update and build
just in case and it still failed with the same message. Since the error
message mentioned the JAVA_HOME environment variable, I looked and I did
have it setup, but it was pointing to an alternate JRE, which I use for Ant
and other Java tools. I then removed the JAVA_HOME variable and it worked
perfectly fine.

Is this expected behavior? I can log a bug report, but I thought I query the
mailing list first.

Thanks,
-Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hindess [mailto:mark.hindess@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:02 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [classlib][vm] Error running trunk builds and IBM VME v2

Hi Nathan,

There were two separate commits for the renames for the new VME.  The
second added the new String implementation.  I got the error you are
seeing when I pulled the code between these two commits.  Do you still
see this on a fresh checkout of latest trunk?

Regards,
 Mark.

On 4/11/06, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@kc.rr.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to run the latest code in the trunk with the IBM VME v2,
> but I'm getting an error. I'm able to compile the entire classlib and
native
> libraries on Windows just fine and then paste the IBM VME distribution
over
> the 'deploy' folder. Every time I try to run a Java class I get an error
> about the String class missing.
>

> Here's the exact error message I'm getting:
>

> JVMJ9VM019E Fatal error: Unable to find and initialize required class
> java/lang/String
>
> JVMJ9VM020I Searched in C:\Documents and

Settings\Nathan\Desktop\Harmony\trunk\deploy\jre\bin\default\luni-kernel.jar

> JVMJ9VM020I Searched in C:\Documents and

Settings\Nathan\Desktop\Harmony\trunk\deploy\jre\bin\default\security-kernel
> .jar
>
> JVMJ9VM023I This may indicate that JAVA_HOME is incorrect, or that class
> libraries are not installed
>

> Since the String class moved to luni, which is in the 'jre/lib/boot'
folder,
> the VM won't find it in the luni-kernel or security-kernel JARs. Is there
> just something that I'm missing in setting up the classlib with the IBM
VME?
> Any thoughts?
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Nathan