harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject [classlib][vm] Error running trunk builds and IBM VME v2
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 04:07:33 GMT
I've been trying to run the latest code in the trunk with the IBM VME v2,
but I'm getting an error. I'm able to compile the entire classlib and native
libraries on Windows just fine and then paste the IBM VME distribution over
the 'deploy' folder. Every time I try to run a Java class I get an error
about the String class missing.

Here's the exact error message I'm getting:

JVMJ9VM019E Fatal error: Unable to find and initialize required class
java/lang/String

JVMJ9VM020I Searched in C:\Documents and
Settings\Nathan\Desktop\Harmony\trunk\deploy\jre\bin\default\luni-kernel.jar

JVMJ9VM020I Searched in C:\Documents and
Settings\Nathan\Desktop\Harmony\trunk\deploy\jre\bin\default\security-kernel
.jar

JVMJ9VM023I This may indicate that JAVA_HOME is incorrect, or that class
libraries are not installed

Since the String class moved to luni, which is in the 'jre/lib/boot' folder,
the VM won't find it in the luni-kernel or security-kernel JARs. Is there
just something that I'm missing in setting up the classlib with the IBM VME?
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Nathan