harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r394890 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules: applet/make/common/ archive/make/common/ auth/make/common/ awt/make/common/ beans/make/common/ crypto/make/common/ jndi/make/common/ logging/make/common/ luni/make/commo
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:42:36 GMT
A formatter profile allows you to configure nearly every possible "style"
choice you can imagine for formatting Java source files; new lines (where
and how many), indentions (spaces or tabs), number of indentions per certain
keywords (switch, case, identifiers, etc), brace placement, javadoc
formatting and anything else that floats your bloat.

You can do as little as just duplicating the built-in profiles and setting
the indention policy. I just adjusted other parts of the profile because the
default conventions have some weird treatment of switch blocks, at least
weird to me.

The profile is what's used when you format source code or use the correct
indention features, which just formats the indentions of the source
(converts tabs to spaces, etc).

-Nathan