harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: EOL differences in svn diffs
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:27:28 GMT
It would also be helpful to raise a bug against whatever tool Tim is
using.  It is almost certainly making incorrect assumptions about line
endings of files being patched based on eol characters of the
metadata.  Or possibly assuming the line endings of all files being
patched are the same which again is a bad assumption - see
moved.typos.diff attached to HARMONY-252 for example.

-Mark.

> yes - eol-style is the solution here, and I thought SVN did the right
> thing for obvious text files...
>
> geir
>

> Archie Cobbs wrote:
> > Tim Ellison wrote:
> >> Can we set up the server to recognize .java / .xml / etc files as
> >> text/plain native types?
> >
> > Sounds good to me....
> >
> > $ find . -name \*.java -o -name \*.xml \
> >     | xargs svn propset svn:eol-style native \
> >   && svn ci -m "Set native EOL style"

> > Hmm.. in my experience, only "svn:eol-style native" is required,
> > as by default subversion treats files as text files..
> >
> > -Archie

> > Archie Cobbs      *        CTO, Awarix        *      http://www.awarix.com

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.