harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r386058 [1/49] ...
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:06:04 GMT
On 3/16/06, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>

> >I will submit patches to improve the download process for the few
> >people that don't have (transparent proxy) internet access.
> >

> Please add property IdontHappyWithNetworkBuildUseLocalCopies :-)

See thread "svn commit: r38617" for a brief outline of what I intend
or just give me an hour or so to submit something to JIRA. ;-)

Rest assured my proposed solution will only attempt network access
*if* the files are missing.

> >Can you provide more details of the test failures?  I only have one
> >which only affects the eclipse compiler which (probably correctly)
> >doesn't like the non-ASCII characters in the URITest.java source.
> >

> The problem is signed BC provider jar. May be it makes sense to update the
> ant script to download BC provider's jar, remove signature and copy unsigned
> jar file to deploy/jre/lib/ext.

I'm surprised the old tests worked for you.

We don't currently automate that at all. Personally, I'm copying an
unsigned bcprov.jar in to my tree between build and test.  I assumed
this had already been covered on the list and that others were doing
something similar already.

I created the unsigned jar manually using:

  zip -d bcprov.jar META-INF/BCKEY.SF

I'd need to check to see if this could be acheived using the ant zip task.

It would be good to automate the download and removal of the key.  I
wonder if we are allowed to do this I understand that we have to be
careful what we include in the default build - will need to check the
license.

Don't expect this in my first attempt at cleaning up the depends process, but it
is certainly something we need to work on.

> Mark, you don't need to excuse for your work - everybody does mistakes. You
> did great job with contributions integration! I only worried about how to
> make process of tracking commits to repository more transparent and easy.

I'm not sure it's ever going to be easy to handle commits of
contributions.  Even for a committer I still feel that the approach of
checking in and then fixing is the approach that gives the most
clarity with respect to provenance.

The only exception I made to this was renaming tests because I know
how much of a headache renaming can be ... specifically how patches
get out of date when things move around before they get committed.

Regards,
 Mark.

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.