harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Results of big commits
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:47:30 GMT
Stefano,

I don't really know much about gump but I'm interested to learn a
little more about it.  I'm doing some builds local so I should be able
to help with the details we'd need to get it going.  Hopefully
HARMONY-39 will be committed by the time we get things set up.

In our builds the ant recipe for completing the Harmony + VME tree is
as follows:

  <target name="copy-depends">
    <echo>Copying VME to ${root}</echo>
    <copy todir="${root}/jre/bin/default/" overwrite="true">
      <fileset dir="${vme.root}/deploy/jre/bin/default/" />
    </copy>

    <echo>Copying XML jars to jre/lib/boot</echo>
    <copy todir="${root}/jre/lib/boot/" overwrite="true">
      <fileset dir="${depend.dir}">
        <include name="resolver.jar" />
        <include name="xalan.jar" />
        <include name="xercesImpl.jar" />
        <include name="xml-apis.jar" />
      </fileset>
    </copy>

    <!-- This jar has been unsigned.  I did this on unix with:
             zip -d /tmp/bcprov.jar META-INF/BCKEY.SF
    -->
    <echo>Copying bouncycastle jar to jre/lib/ext</echo>
    <copy todir="${root}/jre/lib/ext/" overwrite="true">
      <fileset dir="${depend.dir}">
        <include name="bcprov.jar" />
      </fileset>
    </copy>
  </target>

I've not tested it but I think with Tim's change in r386171 the XML jars should
already be present in the right place so that part can be removed.

I'll describe a little more about the builds I'm running in a separate note.

Regards,
 Mark.

On 3/15/06, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Mark Hindess wrote:
> > As well as the new classes, we have over 2700 tests that's nearly ten
> > times the number we were running a week ago.  And there are a few more
> > that need some work.  So if anyone is looking for something to do,
> > take a look at the excluded tests in the
> > modules/*/make/common/build.xml files.
> >
> > I've been doing some application testing on the latest trunk plus the
> > integration of HARMONY-39 in my workspace.  It's pretty cool.
> >
> > Tomcat 5.5 (which uses the eclipse compiler rather than requiring a
> > jdk) now starts up ok.  (I do get an error when it shuts down but I'm
> > sure we'll get to that.)
> >
> > I tried axis but it looks like we'll need stubs for a few more classes
> > before that will work - e.g. java.awt.datatransfer.Transferable and
> > java/rmi/RemoteException.
> >
> > It's great to see some really substantial applications running on the
> > Harmony classes.
>
> Mark,
>
> this is just awesome.
>
> Now, I *really* think we should have Gump running on Harmony sooner
> rather than later, this will tell us more about where we need to put our
> efforts on earlier.
>
> I might even volunteer for that (I'm the one who did it for
> kaffe/classpath in the past) if you point me (write me) a very detailed
> description on how to get all the pieces together, build them and
> getting them run.
>
> Also, from Leo, I would like to know if we should be using
> Gump3/Dynagump or not. Yes, I'm willing to fix gump problems if they emerge.
>
> --
> Stefano.

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.