harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: build problems
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:25:50 GMT

> BTW the build was modified and now it runs clean every time.
> I'm not sure it is very good. Moreover that clean reports problems
> like 'Could not find ...'; these problems do not break the build but
> make me nervous about whether the build result is valid.

These are just a result of the generic clean rule.  We could add
explict rules to every makefile if you prefer.  Personally I prefer
this way but I was tempted to change the rule to use:

  -del ... >nul 2>&1

to make it the equivalent of the unix:

  -rm -rf ...

I did this for a while when I was testing and it certainly makes the
build output a little less verbose/confusing.

Regards,
 Mark.

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK.