harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: auth natives
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:49:27 GMT
I got quite a few rejects when I went to test this.  I fixed them and
I modified the native-src auth build slightly in the hope that
handling the shared libraries as they are handled by the other modules
might resolve the ld issues.  This seems to have worked for me at
least.

It's not very large so I've attached an updated patch to make life
easier for the committers.

Regards,
 Mark.

On 01/03/06, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I've attached a patch to run tests for login modules with 'hyauth'
> libraries. The tests pass with new libraries on Windows and Linux builds.
>
> I've updated native-src/linux.IA32/auth/makefile to add
> 'vmi' library to be linked because loading 'hyauth' failed with the next
> diagnostics:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: hyauth
> (<HY_PATH>/deploy/jre/bin/libhyauth.so: undefined symbol:
> VMI_GetVMIFromJNIEnv
>
> I'm not confident whether it is the right way to do this or not. So please
> correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Also I found that on Linux it is required to specify explicitly:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<HY_PATH>/deploy/jre/bin
> and
> JAVA_HOME==<HY_PATH>/deploy/jre
>
> Otherwise VM fails to start. For example, unit test for LUNI module failed
> because ant script file for them contains the following line:
>             <env key="JAVA_HOME" value=""/>
>
> On Windows it is OK to unset both variables.
>

> > was the small fix just the loadLibrary call, or more?
> >

> It is just a typo in NTUserPrincipal.java (see attachment)
>

> Thanks,
> Stepan

> > sure thanks Stepan -- was the small fix just the loadLibrary call, or
> more?
> >
> > Talk to you tomorrow,
> > Tim
> >
> > Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > > Hi Tim,
> > >
> > > I reviewed source files: they look OK for me. Also I successfully (after
> > > small fix in java code:-)) run the test for login module on Windows with
> > > 'hyauth' library. Currently I'm trying to build Harmony and run the
> similar
> > > test on Linux. Hope to finish it tomorrow. Does it works for you?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Stepan.

> going
> libraries
> > >>>

> modules\security\test\windows\unit\org\apache\harmony\security\x\security\auth\module\NTLoginModuleTest.java
> > >>>

> modules\security\test\linux\unit\org\apache\harmony\security\x\security\auth\module\UnixLoginModuleTest.java

> (and
> until

> the
I wanted