harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Blake <craigwbl...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Require compiler options that allow partial 5.0 language features
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:08:18 GMT
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the Sun compiler actually
lets you specify the source as 1.5 and the target as 1.4; every
version of the 1.5 compiler I have tried that on gives an error:

javac: source release 1.5 requires target release 1.5

So, it seems that relying on that particular combination of options
will rule out building Harmony on the Sun SDK.  Of course, I am on
OSX, so maybe one of the newer Sun 1.5 releases finally has it enabled.

Craig Blake