harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Maenkova, Evgeniya G" <evgeniya.g.maenk...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Subclipse Diff: Are there any way to ignore whitespace when creating patch using Subclipse in Eclipse
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:04:47 GMT
Hi,
I would like to add that the diffs in svn commit notifications can be
changed in such cases by SVNROOT/hooks/post_commit modifying...

As far as I know, svn diff can't do that but it's possible to use
something like "svn diff -r13:14 readme.txt --diff-cmd `which diff` -x "
-w".

Thanks,
Evgeniya Maenkova
Intel Middleware Products Division

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Deakin [mailto:oliver.deakin@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:58 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Subclipse Diff: Are there any way to ignore whitespace when
creating patch using Subclipse in Eclipse

Hi Richard,

If you go to Window->Preferences, then look in General->Compare/Patch
there is a tick box that says "Ignore white space". Ticking this may
solve some of your problems. However formatting that splits a single
line into multiple lines (where the line length is determined to be too
long) will still appear as diffs.

--
Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited