harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject abstract templates (was: Re: How to deal with this kind of serialization compatibility issue?)
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:48:24 GMT
Hello

We can discuss the problem in general  and then apply the decision to
serialization framework.

So, can we have standard test "templates"
i.e. abstract classes with prepared test scenarios implemented as test methods
such that specific tests would extend a template (and thus inherit all
test methods)
and override some possibly trivial methods to adopt for specific class.

If we do this, we can hide similar scenarios in a framework super class,
and actual tests will be simple and lightweight.

But, we will not be able to subclass two different templates, we might have
multiple tests extending different abstract classes for a single class.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mikhail