harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernando Cassia" <fernando.cas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [result] Re: [vote] Acceptance of HARMONY-39 : Contribution of beans, regex and math class library code
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:48:25 GMT
On 3/21/06, Dalibor Topic <robilad@kaffe.org> wrote:

> Java is so depressingly backwards. We're solving problems over and
> over again that would not be problems in the first place if Java was
> managed competently, by people who have a clue about involving
> communities, and placed the platform before their business interests.
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic

Can you please stop with the Sun bashing?. Sun has specifically allowed you
among others to create a cleanroom implementation of their JVM. In fact they
did change the legalese allowing that to happen.

If you dislike Java so much, you're free to go to the Mono camp and start
chasing the MSFT train....

Thanks to the Sun "business interests", Microsoft wasn't succesfull in
"derailing" java and polluting it with Win32 api calls and all that crap,
like they originally intended to do with J++....

FC