harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: auth natives
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:16:54 GMT
Hi Tim,

I've attached a patch to run tests for login modules with 'hyauth'
libraries. The tests pass with new libraries on Windows and Linux builds.

I've updated native-src/linux.IA32/auth/makefile to add 'vmi' library to be
linked because loading 'hyauth' failed with the next diagnostics:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: hyauth
(<HY_PATH>/deploy/jre/bin/libhyauth.so: undefined symbol:
VMI_GetVMIFromJNIEnv

I'm not confident whether it is the right way to do this or not. So please
correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I found that on Linux it is required to specify explicitly:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<HY_PATH>/deploy/jre/bin
and
JAVA_HOME==<HY_PATH>/deploy/jre

Otherwise VM fails to start. For example, unit test for LUNI module failed
because ant script file for them contains the following line:
            <env key="JAVA_HOME" value=""/>

On Windows it is OK to unset both variables.

> was the small fix just the loadLibrary call, or more?

It is just a typo in NTUserPrincipal.java (see attachment)

Thanks,
Stepan

> sure thanks Stepan -- was the small fix just the loadLibrary call, or
> more?
>
> Talk to you tomorrow,
> Tim
>
> Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > I reviewed source files: they look OK for me. Also I successfully (after
> > small fix in java code:-)) run the test for login module on Windows with
> > 'hyauth' library. Currently I'm trying to build Harmony and run the
> similar
> > test on Linux. Hope to finish it tomorrow. Does it works for you?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stepan.

> >> Stepan,
> >>
> >> Have you completed your review?  If things look ok I'll change the
> >> loadlibray calls to use 'hyauth'.
> >>
> >> (As I mentioned before, this is simply to bring the code in line with
> >> the other natives as a stepping-stone to the final native code layout
> >> within each module.)
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Tim

> going
> >> update.
> libraries
> >>>

> modules\security\test\windows\unit\org\apache\harmony\security\x\security\auth\module\NTLoginModuleTest.java
> >>>

> modules\security\test\linux\unit\org\apache\harmony\security\x\security\auth\module\UnixLoginModuleTest.java

> (and
> until

Hy