harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [jchevm] workarounds for Cygwin zip/jar problems that makes "hello world" work
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 03:30:34 GMT
Archie,
I finally got JCHEVM to compile and run "hello world" with gnu
classpath.  My next step is to replace gnu classpath with harmony
class lib.   For anyone interested, below is the workarounds I used:

1)
Unzip /usr/local/classpath/share/classpath/glibj.zip to
/usr/local/unzipped_glibj
2)
Unzip ....../jchevm/java/jc.zip to /usr/local/unzipped_jc
3)
In ......./jchevm/libjc/native/Makefile, replace the line:
JAVAH_CMD = $(JAVAH) -classpath $(top_srcdir)/java/jc.zip:$(cpdir)/glibj.zip
with:
JAVAH_CMD = $(JAVAH) -classpath /usr/local/unzipped_jc:/usr/local/unzipped_glibj
The above now allows ...../jchevm/Makefile to build jc.exe.  In
specific, jcjavah.exe generates the expected *.h files and no longer
causes the build to abort.
4)
Running jc.exe with jc.zip and glibj.zip does not work, however,
running jc.exe with unzipped classes does work.  I put hello.class in
the same directory as jc.exe and use the following invocation line:

"./jc.exe --classpath=.
--bootclasspath=/usr/local/unzipped_glibj:/usr/local/unzipped_jc:.
hello"

I don't know what the specific problem is.  But it probably has
something to do with how zip.c is making Cygwin calls.

--
Weldon Washburn
Intel Middleware Products Division