harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Download msvcr71.dll rather than distributing it
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:47:05 GMT
Yes, it is included in .Net framework, but I'm not sure if it is
included in pure 32 bits Windows distribution.

I guess it is not perfect to make our potential user into another JRE
like situation, which is, if you want to run Harmony, you must download
.Net Framework manually and separately.  That's why so many application
redistribute this dll.

It is good only if either all mainstream windows distribution includes
this dll (like kernel32.dll), or this MSVCR71.dll is freely
redistributable, or we can perform the download automatically during
installation without procedure like Sun's JRE download.

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab