harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SableVM? -- ICLA details
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:20:45 GMT
Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>> Or, potentially, the only one who has ever brought it up :-)
>
> As I said, in an earlier message, I take back my request.  I do not wish
> to offend anybody. :-)

I know that your intentions were not to offend and, personally, I
wasn't, but I was perceiving a little friction building up on this camp
so I wanted to raise a warning flag.

I believe that your decision of relicensing in a compatible way it's the
best step forward because it's the most reversible situation and has
lower impact on both sides.

I also trust that once you get to know how the ASF works a little more,
you might feel less in need for contractual obligations about the
protection of your credits. But even if that is not the case and SableVM
wants to continue to have an independent and separate community, I
personally don't see any problem with that.

--
Stefano.