harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: SableVM? -- ICLA details
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:39:00 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Dalibor Topic wrote:

>>> No I would say that it cannot, since that sablevm developer would at
>>> a minimum
>>> have licensed the software under the apache license to apache, and
>>> then apache
>>> would have licensed that software to the end user under the apache
>>> license, and
>>> what that means is rather clear.
>>>

>> It's not clear at all to me from reading the ASL2, so let's spell it
>> out: Would such a hypothetical developer have a say in the license of
>> a VM using Harmony's modules or not? Cliff?
>
> No.

I thought about this for a second more - the apache license is a license
  from each contributor of their contribution to the licensee, so I
would guess that yes, any contributor could hypothetically have a say on
what a licensee does w/in the boundaries of their contribution.

I dunno.  I am not a lawyer, and I'm really tired :)

geir