harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to build Harmony on Windows (with minimum of commercial soft)
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:00:09 GMT

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> It's a freeware with its own license. The license prohibits using it
> for creating
> open source software "that requires the user of the MASM32 project to surrender
> the rights they are afforded under the MASM32 licence"
> http://masm32.com/mlicence.htm
> I'm not a legal person but I think it is OK for experimenting.

That's great! thank you to find this!
> Further I think we need to get rif of that dependency. I like what
> Zsejki Sorin Miklós suggested in this thread.

I agree that it is worth trying.
> BTW, Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 is also not necessary - I've
> uninstalled it
> and build still works.

The c++ toolkit is a better have, because it is a optimized c/c++
compiler according to MS's website, while the ones shipped with other
packages, say, PlatformSDK, is not. But it is true that it is not
necessary for experiment only.