harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SableVM? -- ICLA details
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:12:11 GMT
Etienne Gagnon wrote:

> 5- The ASF provides me with an official, legally binding document,
>  signed by officers that have sufficient rights to do so, stating that
>  it will only sub-license (distribute, etc.) code contributed by SableVM
>  authors (can be identified specifically) and derivatives of this code,
>  under licenses that require explicit acknowledgment of the copyright
>  of these authors and that require redistribution of the related text
>  found in the NOTICE file.  [I have no trouble letting the ASF lawyers
>  come up with some text proposal.  I would highly suggest reusing words
>  off the Apache License 2.0 to do so.  I can even propose some text, if
>  you wish me to do so.]
>
> 6- Each ICLA and Software Grant has an explicit hand written reference
>  to the ASF document in "5-" beside the signature(s).  A copy of the
>  ASF document in "5-" is added as an appendix to the ICLA/SG in your
>  records and our records.

With my Board Director hat on:

I believe that it is a bug that the current ICLA gives the ASF enough
power to relicense something without acknowledging who donated it to us.

I would be in favor of changing the ICLA more than to sign an ad-hoc
statement like the one you propose.

With my Harmony hat on: I would like this to move as fast as we can and
I don't know which one of the options is faster.

Cliff, are you watching this? any comment?

--
Stefano.