harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject sorry (was: Re: [result] Re: [vote] Acceptance of HARMONY-39 : Contribution of beans, regex and math class library code)
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:08:38 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
<snip>
>> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
<snip>
>>> With the "custom" of putting in things in o.a.h.t are we
>>> implicitly discouraging good testing practice?
>>
>> This is laughable.
>
> You are going to have to explain why it's "laughable".  If you are
> testing a.b.c.Foo and you have to do it from a.b.c.test.FooTest, how can
> you ever do implementation testing of Foo?  It's not an unreasonable
> question.  Certainly not "laughable".

I'm behind on my mail at the moment as I prepare for the Harmony talk at
eclipsecon -- so I'll give you a proper answer later, but I wanted to
apologize straight away if my flippant response caused offense.  I hope
you know I don't mean it personally.  I'm passionate about the
*technology* !  and it kinda spilled over ;-)  I'll behave better...

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)