harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: how to build Harmony on Windows (with minimum of commercial soft)
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:17:34 GMT
I had the same problem - I have to use the non-free-as-in-beer,
certainly-not-as-in-speech MSFT Visual Studio .NET 2003 toolchain, plus
some other package thingy from MSFT that adds something to it. (I don't
remember).

I keep forgetting to suggest this to people who pop in here...   can
someone who has the time and patience *please* take a run at getting
this to build with :

1) The free-as-in-beer MSFT tool chain

2) GCC and it's brethren, either via MinGW or Cygwin

I currently think of our tooling requirements as a barrier to entry.

As for ml.exe, I had the same problem when trying the free MSFT tool
chain, and I did find a free assembler somewhere that was meant to
replace ml.exe (it wasn't from MSFT).

This would be a great help, anyone....

geir