harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Contributions...
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:01:45 GMT

Sanket Sharma wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been following the posts for some time now and would like to jump
> on to the bandwagon. However, I feel instead of choosing any random area
> to contribute to, it would be better to ask the community what area
> needs most contribution.

Welcome.

We need help everywhere.  You'll be happiesst, and we'll get the most
benefit, if you do something that interests you.  What interests you?

We need help in the classlibrary, the VM, the tools, the documentation,
in QA, in.....

You are welcome to pitch in anywhere.  We have activity in the
classlibrary, VM and QA areas (although we are just getting started in
all of them).

The area that is most lacking (although not critically important) is the
tooling - all the things you find in jdk/bin : jar, javac, javadoc, javah.

Our plans are to cheat wherever we can - for example, use the Eclipse
compiler for javac...