harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [resolved] Re: JCHEVM SVN access temporarily blocked
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:18:28 GMT

Enrico Migliore wrote:
> Hi Geir,
>
>> I've just removed the blocks on SVN and viewcvs as the claim has been
>> resolved to everyone's satisfaction.
>>
> ok, good.
>
>> I'd like to thank everyone involved for approaching this earnestly and
>> in good faith, working together to get this problem fixed.
>>
>> As a benefit, we've built a bridge between our Harmony community and
>> members of the SableVM community, and I look forward to working with
>> them in the future.
>>
> wouldn't it be possible to unify Harmony and SableVM contributors'
> efforts, in order to have just one JVM and one group of work?

That's up to everyone involved, but I don't think want to make having
"just one JVM" a stated goal, because people may want to do different
things.

My 0.02 is if the SableVM community wishes to come here, they are
welcome.  If they find that they can integrate JCHEVM and SableVM and
all are willing, they are welcome.   If someone shows up with another VM
that we want to accept, they are welcome...

At some point, we'll take a hard look at the VM we want to make the one
we make as fast, stable, etc as Sun's or IBM's.

Also, if we have multiple VMs, and w/ the Classlibrary they pass the
TCK, I'd be happy to see multiple distributions if people want them...

geir