harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Tooting our Horn #2 : Article in SD Times
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:01:56 GMT
I want to apologize.  I've gotten decent over the years at dealing with
journalists, but unless I get a copy of the material before publication
- which is rare - it's hard for journalists to get our way of working as
peers correctly described.

There's an article in SD Times about Harmony, and I'm erroneously
described as the "project manager".  I didn't describe myself that way -
I have very polished talking points for how ASF projects work, but they
don't always stick - and will work with the author so he'll get it right
next time.

That said, our little project is top of the page :

    http://www.sdtimes.com/index.html

here's the story

    http://www.sdtimes.com/article/story-20060315-01.html

and in the printed version, we're front-page, top of the page as well.
My picture is also there - something I'm surprised and somewhat
embarrassed about (I thought it would be a tiny headshot on a back page)
- but besides those, I'm thrilled that we're getting this kind of
positive coverage.

geir