harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subclipse Diff: Are there any way to ignore whitespace when creating patch using Subclipse in Eclipse
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:31:23 GMT
Oliver Deakin wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>>> Hi Richard,
>>>
>>> If you go to Window->Preferences, then look in General->Compare/Patch
>>> there is a tick box that says "Ignore white space". Ticking this may
>>> solve some of your problems. However formatting that splits a single
>>> line into multiple lines (where the line length is determined to be
>>> too long) will still appear as diffs.
>>
>> Oliver,
>>
>> I strongly doubt subclipse reacts to that preference, the problem is
>> not showing the diffs in eclipse, is sending them over the wire to svn.
>>

> yes, you're right Stefano - any patch generated will not take notice of
> this option. I had hoped that extra options were passed to the svn diff
> to ignore whitespace, but sadly not.

I have found a way to turn tabs off from eclipse java editor!!! yey!!

[note: for those who knew this already, please tolerate my previous
ignorance and my current excitement]

Here we go:

  Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Code Style -> Formatter

Any other "editing" section does *NOT* influence the java code formatter
(for whatever reason).

You can modify the formatter (by clicking on "Show...) or I've attached
the profile that I use for code generation, you can import it into your
code formatter (by clicking on "Import")

Then, after you have changed your formatter, in any java window, you can
type:

  ctrl-A -> selects all
  ctrl-I -> reformats everything using the new formatting rules

NOTE: if you don't like the formatting preferences and wish to change
them remember "svn revert" is your friend.

NOTE2: use apple-A and apple-I on mac

Hope this helps.

--
Stefano.