harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Require compiler options that allow partial 5.0 language features
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:39:08 GMT
karan malhi wrote:
> +1.
>
> I didnt quite understand as to why is it an undocumented compiler
> feature? The standard javac compiler does have a "target" option ,
> which is probably what eclipse would be using to generate the class
> files for 1.4 target vm.

It is the "jsr14" part of the option that is undocumented rather than
the "-target". If you use the standard "-target 1.4", the compiler will
give you an error message and will not compile your source. You have to
use "-target jsr14" to be able to compile 5.0 source into 1.4 bytecode.

--
Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited