harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Results of big commits
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:26:58 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> As well as the new classes, we have over 2700 tests that's nearly ten
> times the number we were running a week ago.  And there are a few more
> that need some work.  So if anyone is looking for something to do,
> take a look at the excluded tests in the
> modules/*/make/common/build.xml files.
>
> I've been doing some application testing on the latest trunk plus the
> integration of HARMONY-39 in my workspace.  It's pretty cool.
>
> Tomcat 5.5 (which uses the eclipse compiler rather than requiring a
> jdk) now starts up ok.  (I do get an error when it shuts down but I'm
> sure we'll get to that.)
>
> I tried axis but it looks like we'll need stubs for a few more classes
> before that will work - e.g. java.awt.datatransfer.Transferable and
> java/rmi/RemoteException.
>
> It's great to see some really substantial applications running on the
> Harmony classes.

Mark,

this is just awesome.

Now, I *really* think we should have Gump running on Harmony sooner
rather than later, this will tell us more about where we need to put our
efforts on earlier.

I might even volunteer for that (I'm the one who did it for
kaffe/classpath in the past) if you point me (write me) a very detailed
description on how to get all the pieces together, build them and
getting them run.

Also, from Leo, I would like to know if we should be using
Gump3/Dynagump or not. Yes, I'm willing to fix gump problems if they emerge.

--
Stefano.