harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Closing of HARMONY-88
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:14:23 GMT
Mark wrote:
> Of course, it shouldn't be closed yet since quite a few of the
> contributed test cases still need to be integrated.

Well I figured I'd mark it closed it since the code is now in SVN, even
if it is not fully integrated yet.  I figured we could work on the final
aspects of integration in day-to-day development, taking patches etc.

But I don't particularly care, so if you really want it reopened I'll
happily do it.

Mark Hindess (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-88?page=comments#action_12370565 ]

> Mark Hindess commented on HARMONY-88:
> -------------------------------------
> This looks good.  Of course, it shouldn't be closed yet since quite a few of the contributed
test cases still need to be integrated.
> I'm just about to take a look at the beans tests and uncommenting logging so that those
can go in as soon as someone integrates the HARMONY-39 contribution.
> That will just leave the security/crypto tests which will probably have to wait until
those modules are restructured.
>> Contribution of  code and unit tests for jndi, logging, prefs and sql plus unit tests
only for beans, crypto, math, regex and security
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>          Key: HARMONY-88
>>      Project: Harmony
>>         Type: New Feature
>>   Components: Contributions
>>  Environment: Win32 and Linux
>>     Reporter: George Harley
>>     Assignee: Tim Ellison
>>  Attachments: 01.harmony.88.integration.sh, 01.harmony.88.integration.sh, 02.harmony.88.integration.diff,
02.harmony.88.integration.diff, Harmony-Contribution.zip
>> Zip file containing implementation and unit test code for the following Harmony
>> components :
>> * jndi
>> * logging
>> * prefs
>> * sql
>> In addition there is unit test code only for the following Harmony components :
>> * beans
>> * crypto
>> * math
>> * regex
>> * security
>> The contents of this zip have been laid out with the current classlib directory
>> structure of the Apache Harmony SVN repository in mind. A version of
>> enhanced/classlib/trunk/make/build-java.xml is included containing new Ant
>> targets to compile the new implementation plus tests code, and then run the
>> tests.
>> Native code, plus makefiles are included to build a shared library that is
>> required to support the prefs implementation on the win.IA32 platform.
>> Not all of the unit test classes are capable of being compiled when the Ant
>> target "compile-tests" in <EXTRACT_DIR>/Harmony/make/build-java.xml is run.
>> is because the current contents of the Harmony trunk do not satisfy all of the
>> dependencies of some classes. This issue affects the unit test code for the
>> following set of components ...
>> * beans (needs beans implementation in trunk)
>> * crypto (needs crypto implementation in trunk)
>> * logging (needs beans implementation in trunk)
>> * jndi (needs applet implementation in trunk)
>> * sql (needs rmi implementation in trunk)
>> As a temporary measure, the lines of Ant script in
>> <EXTRACT_DIR>/Harmony/make/build-java.xml that compile the above test code
>> have been commented out with explanations.

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

View raw message