harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to deal with this kind of serialization compatibility issue?
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:40:33 GMT
Hi, Mikhail,

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Hi George!
>

>> I need to study H-57 SerializationTester, likely it makes sense taking
>> best ideas from both
>>

> I was trying to find out how the framework works and how a test
> based on that framework looks like.
>
> I've taken the first class refering to SerializationTester, it was
> CharacterCodingExceptionTest
>
> it has two serialization related test methods:
>     testSerialization()
>     testSerializationCompatibility()
>
> They both call SerializationTester methods but I did not find that they check
> that the objects are the same. Did I miss anything?

The CharacterCodingException don't necessary to be assertSame() for
serialization test, because it has no predefined constants:).

I think the classes commonly needs to override readResolve() method to
implement predefined constants serialization properly, so that it is
easy to find all the candidates from the JavaDoc page of serilization
form. But, of course, readResolve() is not a suffient condition:(.

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab