harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject And enum types (Re: API with generics)
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 07:38:39 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> My approach has been to make the APIs as close to possible as the Java 5
> spec
Agree.  Another issue is enum, for example,

public enum SomeEnum{
    enum1, enum2, enum3
}

I think the mimic will look like:

public final class SomeEnum extends Enum{
    public static final SomeEnum enum1 =  new SomeEnum("enum1", 0);
    public static final SomeEnum enum2 = new SomeEnum("enum2", 1);
    public static final SomeEnum enum3 = new SomeEnum("enum3", 2);

    protected SomeEnum(String name, int |ordinal|){
       super(name, ordinal).
    }
}

and of course, the abstract class Enum(declaration without generics of
course) must exist at first.

Thoughts?  I will raise a jira about Enum abstract class and create a
patch later to support this mimic if this approach is fine.

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab